EASTFIELD HEALTH FOCUS
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
What is Eastfield Health Focus?
Eastfield Health Focus (EHF) is a Patient Participation Group of patients and surgery staff who meet every other month to promote and improve the services that are offered and also act as a voice for the local community to improve patient care.
The group started in 2012 when we first put together a questionnaire for patients and has continued to ask for views and act on the responses. We also discuss local news and issues affecting healthcare, with the aim to provide the best possible service for the people in the Eastfield area.
EHF is a member of N.A.P.P. – the National Association for Patient Participation – which aims to increase the say that patients have in their local healthcare. We attend local meetings of the Scarborough & Ryedale Clinical Commissioning Group who is responsible for planning and buying health services in the area; this helps us understand the wider picture.
Achievements of the group
- Monitoring and publicising the number of missed appointments and promoting the text reminder service to try and reduce non-attendance.
- Arranging for Braeburn School to produce Artwork to brighten the corridors
- Raising the issue of security and access to the Dentist with minimal disruption for our patients
- Participating in CQC inspections by giving feedback to inspectors
- Investigating the impact of Braeburn House residents moving to Jazz Court
- Putting up the “Rogue's gallery” of staff pictures in the lobby
- Reducing queues at Reception with the automated Check-in machine
- Producing a newsletter 3 times a year
- Continue to research the effects of the new housing developments in Middle Deepdale & Cayton and the effects on the practice and current patients; help with planning expansion of services
- Help the practice to attract new staff by promoting the lifestyle in the area
- Implement ideas brought to the group by its members and getting feedback from the community
What can you do?
- Join the group: - We would love to have some more members; if you can spare a little time and have a genuine interest in the health of the community we would like to hear from you. Leave your details (including email if possible) at reception, or email email@example.com and we will invite you to the next meeting.
- Join our email list: - we will send the newsletter and other information by email. Send your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make suggestions for service improvement to discuss with the Partners – use the suggestion box in the waiting room, or email email@example.com if you have any ideas.